Cycling is a great way to keep fit, save money, do your bit for the environment and reduce congestion in our towns and cities.
Get Cycling is a section dedicated to helping cyclists of all abilities to learn more about what is out there in the world of cycling and where to find it. From cycling to work programmes to Ride it away cycle finance The Cycling Experts have it covered.
The web is packed with useful information on how to get the most out of
cycling, so we've provided links to some of the most popular general
cycling websites below:
- Bike Hub - the essential resource for everyone who cycles
- Why Cycle - impartial advice for new or potential cyclists
- CTC - the UK's national cyclists' organisation
- BikeBUDI - a scheme to get cyclists riding together
- Bikeability - the cycling award scheme for children
- Bike Week - national celebratory week of cycling
- Daily Cycle - regular cycling articles, tips, reviews and competitions
- British Cycling - the National Governing Body for cycling in the UK
Where to Ride
Knowing the best cycle routes to get you from A to B is not always easy, so we have selected a few useful links and apps to help you get started...
- Bike Hub i-phone app - Bicycle journey planner
- Sustrans - making smarter travel choices possible
- Forestry Commission - explore your local forest by bike
- Cycle A-way - local cycle routes in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland
- GPS cycle and walking routes - Over 600 cycle routes can be found on this site, or share your own routes with others in your area.
Buying a Bike
If you are looking to buy a bike, read our useful guide here first.
If you would like to recommend a useful cycling website we would love to hear from you. Please contact us here.