Privacy & Cookies
Details of our policy in relation to privacy and data capture through The Cycling Experts website can be found below. If you have any specific queries in relation to this subject please contact us.
Ownership of Information
The National Association of Cycle Traders Limited is the sole owner of any information collected through The Cycling Experts website. Other than for the purposes outlined below we will not sell, share or rent the information we collect.
- Information you provide - this primarily means details supplied at the time you sign-up to Email Newsletters and Bulletins. If you contact us we may also keep a record of this communication for future reference.
How we use this information
- To respond directly to an enquiry by you
- To keep you updated with relevant news and
information relevant to our Cycling Experts website, promotion of specialist cycle retailers, cycle industry jobs and similarly related topics of
interest to you. This will only be where you have consented to receive
such information via opt-in to our emails, or by post.
- To ensure the content of this website is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer.
- Track usage of our emails to assist us in understanding your interests and preferences and supply relevant information as necessary at the time of that interest.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers.
Links to other websites
What are cookies and how do they work?
A cookie is a text file containing information that can be remembered by a web browser between pages. When an individual uses a web browser to access the internet their browser can create cookies which are stored on the user's computer. Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot contain viruses or other malicious software. They are purely a string of text and numbers.
There are two main types of cookies - session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies only last during a single visit. When a user closes their web browser the session cookie information is automatically removed from their computer.
The Cycling Experts website uses session cookies for these purposes:
- Session cookies are set that temporarily store a unique identifier for each visitor to the website. This identifier is a random series of letters and numbers and doesn't contain any personal or identifiable information. It is used to help count the number of visitors to the Cycling Experts website.
- Session cookies are set by the computer systems that run the Cycling Experts website. These cookies are used as part of the process of sending web pages to the user's web browser and are essential - no website using Microsoft technology will work without these cookies.
Persistent cookies are stored by the user's web browser even when the web browser has been closed, so that the next time a user goes back to the website that originally set the cookie, the web site can read information back from the cookie. Persistent cookies have an expiry date which controls when they are automatically deleted. This can be anything from a few minutes to several years.
The Cycling Experts website uses persistent cookies for these purposes:
- A number of persistent cookies are also set by the computers that run the Cycling Experts website. These cookies are solely used to record technical information necessary for our web servers to work properly. No personally identifiable information in stored in these cookies.
- Your browser generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
- We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except where you save your login name as referred to above.
- All cookies used by The Cycling Experts are 'first party' cookies. This means that any cookie set on the Cycling Experts website can only be read back from the Cycling Experts website. No other website is able to read or access information from any cookie set by the Cycling Experts website. We do not use 'third party' cookies which would permit this sort of behaviour by other websites.
Controlling or deleting cookies