The cycling industry
In this section you will find out about the UK cycle trade. A steadily growing £1.3 billion market at retail value.
Encouragingly much of this growth is being fueled by the expansion of the specialist, 'cycling experts' retailers (IBDs), which, unlike most sectors within UK retail are actually increasing market share vs. the mass merchants.
For those that want to enter the industry, the ACT is the first port of call and we can tell you a little more about what support ACT brings to those who wish to become Cycling Experts.
This section of the site includes:
- Information about The Association of Cycle Traders (ACT), the largest trade bicycle
association in the UK
- An introduction to Cytech, the internationally recognised training and accreditation scheme for bicycle technicians
- A warm welcome to The Experts community
- A detailed route to opening your own bike shop in the UK
- Recognition of the leading suppliers who are committed to ACT membership