Teams of the Tour of Britain
The world-class line-up of elite teams that will compete in the 2016 Tour of Britain from 4 - 11th September were announced on Monday 1 August after the Prudential RideLondon Surrey Classic event was completed.
British teams Team Wiggins, Madison Genesis, NFTO and JLT Condor will join 10 WorldTour teams, and a selection of international and national squads for the 13th edition of the event. Seven British teams are taking part in this years event.
The WorldTour teams taking part comprise BMC, Sky, Movistar, Dimension Data, Cannondale-Drapac, Lotto-Soudal, Orica-BikeExchange, Giant-Alpecin, LottoNL-Jumbo and Trek-Segafredo.
Tour of Britain 2016 teams:
- An Post Chain Reaction (Ireland)
- Bardiani CSF (Italy)
- BMC Racing Team (USA)
- Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team (USA)
- Caja Rural-Seguros RGA (Spain)
- Great Britain national team (Great Britain)
- JLT Condor presented by Mavic (Great Britain)
- Lotto-Soudal (Belgium)
- One Pro Cycling (Great Britain)
- Orica-BikeExchange (Australia)
- Madison Genesis (Great Britain)
- Movistar (Spain)
- NFTO (Great Britain)
- Team Dimension Data (RSA)
- Team Giant-Alpecin (Germany)
- Team LottoNL-Jumbo (Netherlands)
- Team Sky (Great Britain)
- Team Wiggins (Great Britain)
- Trek-Segafredo (USA)
- Wanty-Groupe Gobert (Belgium)
The 2016 race commences in Glasgow on Sunday, September 4 and makes its way south for a finale in London on Sunday, September 11. You can see the various stages here.
Last year's race was won by Edvald Boasson Hagen (Dimension Data), who became the first rider to win the race twice (he also won in 2009) since the event was relaunched in 2004.
Return to the Tour of Britain.